I hope everyone had a safe and restful break. This week we continue reading Nothing But the Truth, and we will work on our argumentative introduction writing. We jump back into classes with 3 RDWs this week to analyze the book and use our skills after break. In blue is the day we will cover the material needed for the RDW unless he or she read ahead.
RDW #1—In Chapter 15, Ken, Cynthia, and Allison are interviewed as witnesses. How does their account of the situation compare to what was said by Phillip or Ms. Narwin? Use text evidence from all sides when making your claims. Use and highlight the text evidence. (Tuesday)
RDW #2—Ted Griffin is a man running for election to the school board throughout the novel. What is his motivation to help Phillip? Additionally, discuss the impact he has on Phillip’s case both positively and negatively. Use and highlight text evidence. (Mr. Griffin is in Chapters 12-16. We will cover #16 in class on Thursday)
RDW#3: Read the following two articles (AoW 4/15) and mark up the margins with thoughts and questions. After you finish reading, consider the questions and answer them in a complete full page RDW. Integrate and highlight pursue, document, and two compound-complex sentences. (Wednesday) Attached
1. What story was posted on the internet? Was it true?
2. What happened to the family after the story was posted?
3. What happened to KFC after the story was posted? How did they react?
4. Why do you think the family may have posted this story? According to the second article, what seems to be their motive?
5. Why do you think there was such a quick and angry response to this story?
Upcoming Important Dates:
April 24: Quarter 4 Book Talk #1 Due
April 28-May 15: M-Step Testing
Have a great week!